- Leads the conversation in guilds and boards meetings.
- Supervises actions of board members and guilds officials and supports them in their work.
- Is responsible in ensuring the Guild doesn’t break Guild rules or Finnish law in our actions.
- Keeps in touch with guilds partners in forest industry and in student circles.
- Reacts to everyday situations and surprising events concerning the guild.
- Represents the guild in AYYs chairperson committee.
- Is a member in committee called “Nuorten Forum”, which is a part of Forest Products Engineers.
- Takes care of the guild’s accounting and take care of the financial statement
- Makes the budget with the rest of the board
- Takes care of the guild’s payment transactions, e.g. pay the bills
- Maintains the guild’s membership list
- Represents the guild in AYY’s Treasurer committee
- Leads the guild’s treasury committee, if one has been established for the year
Public Relations Officer
- Is responsible of the exchange of information between the board and the members of the guild
- Takes good care of and develops the guild’s internet services with www-wizards
- Writes records of both board’s and guild’s meetings
- Represents the Guild at AYY’s VTMK
- Plans and executes the Guild’s events together with the hostess, the rest of the board and apu-IE
- Takes care of guildroom’s snacks and drinks
- Is a member of the IE committee of AYY
- Plans and executes of the Guild’s events together with the host, the rest of the board and apu-IE.
- Plans and cooks food for the events and meetings of the guild
- Is a member of the IE committee (committee for hosts and hostesses) of AYY and organizing IE events with the committee.
- The tasks and responsibilities of host and hostess can be shared quite freely.
Head of study affairs
- Delivers student detailed feedbacks to study coordinators about courses, teaching methods and how to improve them.
- Organizes a summer job event, in addition to arranging events for students to get informed about different research groups at university and the chance to work as a thesis worker or research assistant.
- Participates in meetings related to changes in the courses and study programs.
- Updates the exam archive.
- Ensures Guild events and activities are also suitable for international students and are in English when appropriate, including event descriptions
- Integrates new Master’s and exchange students into the guild and into all aspects of Teekkari life
- Along with the other CHEM international officers, is responsible for all matters of international affairs; including organizing international tutoring, running CHEM international events and handling communication to international students
- Works within AYY’s International Committee to organize international events and affairs for all international students across Aalto
Head of Excursions
- Maintains and develops guild’s corporate relations
- Familiarizes the guild members to companies and mills in the field
- Is responsible of the guild’s excursions and the homeland long excursion
- Cherishes the excursion traditions of the guild
- Represents the Forest Products Guild in the AYY’s Corporate Relations Committee
TASKS OF OFFICIALS
Kuumahionta LXXV director(s)
The director(s) is/are responsible for organizing guild’s Kuumahionta LXXV Annual Ball and selecting the Annual Ball committee. One director or two director(s) will be chosen for the task in the guild’s election meeting 13.11.2018. Kuumahionta LXXV will be celebrated in March 2020.
Senior International Officer
The Senior International Officer is responsible for international students that have begun their studies at Aalto University in the 2017-2018 academic year, and represents them in the International Committee until (the possible) Wappu.
Operational inspectors inspect the guild’s operations, such as financial statements, and ensure they are correct and in order.
Kutsi is the “unofficial opposition” of the guild, and questions the board at every guild meeting.
Sports master organizes sporting events for members of the guild, in co-operation with the other sports masters from the School of Chemical Engineering.
Chief Editor of Juopuu
The Chief Editor of Juopuu’s job is the preparation and publication of the guild magazine. Juopuu is known for its below-standard quality. The Chief Editor also assembles the secret editorial staff for the magazine.
Songleader’s tasks are to lead the singing in the events of the Guild and take care of the continuity of the guild’s song traditions.
The tasks of the WWW-Wizard are the updating and refining of the guild’s websites. WWW-Wizards are also the technical support of the board.
The Studies Committee is the guild’s statutory committee, which includes a member of the board, usually the head of study affairs, as a chairman. The Study Committee’s task is to support the department’s study counselling, and to take initiatives to develop teaching and studying. For more information, see the “Studies” section.